Top 5 street foods to try out once this Quarantine ends in Kolkata
Updated: Apr 26
1. Radhaballavi, Cholar Daal and Langcha from Putiram- I feel no true bangali can ever refuse to a breakfast which constitutes Radhaballavi and Cholar Daal. A mishti to end with is like a cherry on the cake A platter of Radhaballavi, Cholar Daal and Langcha from Putiram is to die for, absolutely no doubt about that! The runny Cholar Daal alongwith the the taste of daal inside the Puri is pure Bliss! One of the must try items after the Quarantine ends. Location- Adjacent to City College of Commerce, College Street
2. Mango Lassi from Juice Gully in Esplanade- Esplanade is one of the prime locations in the city of Joy. This is a hub for street vendors and also some quintessential street food to satisfy your cravings. A glass of mango Lassi comes at just Rs 30/- bucks. Topped with Cashew, Raisins, Malai and a small cherry, this refreshes me to the inner core. Location- Just a few metres from K.C Das towards Raj Bhavan.
3. Steamed Momos from Garia- Kolkata- The city of Joy is famous for their Momo's. You can get Momo's in every nook and corner of the city. Out of an innumerable number of stalls and outlets, this one is of one of my favourite place to go. A plate of Momo comes at just Rs 50 bucks. They serve 5 elegant pieces of steamed Momo's, a bowl of chicken soup and some red chutney. Trust me you can't have just one plate! Location- Right infront of Garia Bus Stand. Metres away from Kavi Nazrul Metro station.
4. Samar Da'r Biryani- Top Street food in Kolkata and no biryani in the list, well then the list definitely has to be wrong. Samar Da is popularly known among College Crowds and Office goers for his delicious biryani that too at very pocket friendly price. The half plate chicken biryani comes at just Rs 70/- and the full plate costs just Rs 110/- giving you 2 full sized chicken. The half plate mutton biryani is Rs 80/- and the full plate costs just Rs 130/-. The biryani is very flavourful with all the spices rightly added to the biryani. A deal stealer at this price, trust me! Location- 152-c, Rash Behari Ave, Manoharpukur, Kalighat, Kolkata
5. Egg Chowmein and Chilli Chicken Combo at Dacres Lane- Dacres Lane in Esplanade is one of the busiest places in the city. Whenever you go to dacres Lane, you can see the hustle bustle of the office crowd and you can get a variety of options to choose from. I prefer to have this combination of Egg Chowmein and Chilli chicken which costs just Rs 70/- and fills my tummy at this price quotient. Also, the lingering taste of Chilli chicken after the completion of the meal is something I am badly missing this Quarantine. Location- James Hickey Sarani, Esplanade. 2 mins walk from K.C das towards Raj Bhavan
This was the top 5 street food i am going to try once the Quarantine ends. Let me know which one is your personal favourite or even if you have any other recommendation, do let me know. Till then spread love and keep following The Urban Millennial for more updates.